A traditional and famous meal that is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day dinner table!
This easy meal packs all of the deliciousness of corned beef alongside the vegetables.
In this recipe, we combine tender beef with savory veggies like carrots and potatoes to create a perfect one-pot meal.
Even better, your pressure cooker does all the work!
Instant Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe Video
What Is Corned Beef?
Corned beef can be made with brisket or round, but brisket is my favorite since it tends to be more tender.
This is another version for the Instant Pot Corned Beef recipe.
The “corning” process is a salt cure, and the name comes from the large pieces, or “corns,” of salt.
Salt curing is actually common in many countries, with roots in British, Irish, and Eastern European cuisine.
Can I Replace the Beef with Chicken?
Yes, but then you will have Instant Pot Chicken Stew :]
All are great comfort food recipes to add to your collection.
Can I Use Regular Carrots?
Just peel and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
To cut whole carrots, I like to cut them in half lengthwise and then slice them to create half-moon shapes.
Another fun cut for carrots is known as the oblique cut, in which you roll the carrot in quarter turns and cut on a diagonal to make a sort of rounded triangle shape.
This is just for added visual appeal—any cut of a similar size will work!
What to serve it with?
- To keep it low-carb I like to serve it with cauliflower mash, or Sauteed Brussels Sprouts.
- Also great with roasted or boiled red potatoes, Yukon potatoes.
- Try them with these Whole Wheat Soda Bread Muffins.
What Type of Potatoes Should I Use?
For the regular potatoes, you can use any medium-sized potato—red potatoes, white potatoes, Russet, or Yukon gold will all work well.
This recipe is very flexible, which is part of its appeal.
How to make Instant Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage
Gather all the ingredients.
Set the trivet and pour some water into the pot.
Place the beef carefully and add garlic to it with some taco seasoning.
Set the pot to Low Steam for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Do a Quick Release afterward.
Take the beef out in the platter and remove the trivet.
Add the veggies into the cooking liquid.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 5 minutes.
Do a quick release afterward.
Dish out & serve 🙂
Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Instant Pot Holiday Recipes
- 4 cups water
- 3 lb corned beef brisket (alongside spice packet)
- 4-5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 head green cabbage cut into large wedges
- 2 lb potatoes quartered
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 tsp Taco seasoning
- Place a trivet in the bottom of Instant Pot and pour the water.
- Arrange the corned beef brisket and garlic on top of the trivet and sprinkle with some taco seasoning.
- Close the lid and cook on low steam for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and transfer the corned beef onto a platter and cover with foil.
- Take out the trivet from the Instant Pot.
- Add the cabbage, potatoes and carrot to the Instant Pot (Keep the cooking liquid).
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and serve the vegetables with the corned beef.