The best and the healthiest way to make carrots is in the Instant Pot.
In only 5 minutes you can make steamed carrots and enjoy a healthy snack.
The carrot, cooked or raw, is undeniably one the best vegetables to use in the kitchen and it’s also full of good nutrients.
The carrot is definitely a vegetable of quality, both from a taste point of view that nutritional. Its health benefits are numerous, especially because of its rich carotenoids content.
This Instant Pot steamed carrots recipe is a great side dish when you are looking for something healthy other than brussels sprouts.
Which Steamer Basket to use?
In order to make Instant Pot carrots, you can use one of these accessories:
1. Stainless steel steamer basket
Can I make it without steamer basket?
Yes. Place the carrots, 1 cup of water, salt and pepper inside the Instant Pot and cook for 5 minutes.
Please note you would get a slightly different result, and in my opinion it's better to use steamer basket for this recipe.
Instant Pot Healthy Recipes
You can also check our Healthy Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot Carrot Recipes
Instant Pot Carrots
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the carrots and cut into pieces.
- Place a steamer basket in the Instant Pot and add water.
- Add the carrots to the steamer basket
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂