The secret to a great sloppy joe is a thick, rich, almost dry consistency, which allows the sandwich to be eaten with your hands.
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 buns
- Mix together brown sugar, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder and keep aside.
- Put olive oil, beef and garlic into the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add celery, peppers and onions.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and add beef broth and ketchup mixture.
- Put the setting to “Manual” for 7 minutes on “High Pressure”.
- Select “cancel” and release the pressure quickly.
- Mix together water and corn starch in a small bowl and add to the instant pot.
- Cook for 2 minutes until sauce becomes thick stirring continuously.
- Serve on buns and enjoy.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks