The Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash is a side dish you can served with beef steak or any special dinner you make.
So if you want your kids to eat cauliflower, this is the recipe for you :]
Table of Contents
How to make a vegan mashed cauliflower
Since we use butter and feta cheese, this recipe is not vegan. If you are looking for a Vegan option, instead of butter use margarine, or extra-virgin olive oil. It has an impeccable flavor.
Also, instead of feta cheese, you can use vegan feta or a mix of almond yogurt, and a bit of lemon juice plus salt. The feta cheese is here for consistency.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes. This mashed cauliflower recipe is gluten-free and is suitable for all those who are gluten intolerant.
How to make the mash creamy?
There is a special trick here. Once the cauliflower is cooked in an Instant pot, allow the cauliflower to stand, before you mash it.
This method will allow cauliflower to retain heat and continue to steam, so any excess moisture will reabsorb back into it. Not doing this may result in a watery mash.
How to serve
You can serve cauliflower mash the same as potato mash; as a side dish for roasted meat, along with a grilled fish, different chilies, or flatbread.
How to make
Gather your ingredients:
Place trivet in Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water into the pot. Arrange cauliflower on a trivet.
Lock the lid into place. Cook the cauliflower on High pressure for 5 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a quick pressure release.
Add the rest of the ingredients (Butter, garlic, feta cheese, chives and salt and pepper)) and puree with an immersion blender. Season to taste.
Serve, topped with chives.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Recipes
Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash
- 1 cauliflower head chop into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon fresh chives minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Place the cauliflower pieces on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well using an immersion hand blender.
- Serve and enjoy :]