A delicious and tempting Instant Pot duck recipe which is really easy to prepare.
This aromatic and buttered roasted duck recipe will be a festive favorite for your Christmas dinner table.
Do I need to clean the Instant Pot after sauteing the duck?
Before adding the chicken stock, you can remove the grease and oil on the bottom of the Instant Pot. You can use a wooden spoon to clean it easily.
Personally I’m doing it but It’s not mandatory.
Can I use frozen duck?
Yes, you can make this Instant Pot roast duck recipe with frozen duck. In this case add 10 minutes do the pressure cooking time.
To be honest, I don’t recommend using semi frozen or frozen duck for this recipe, since fresh one would have a much better taste.
After cooking, put the duck under the broiler after cooking for a better taste. You can also use Mealthy CrispLid or Instant Pot air fryer lid to broil the duck.
- 1 wild duck 3-4 lb
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon halved
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Prick the skin of the duck using a fork.
- Season the body and cavity of the duck with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the cavity of the duck with lemon and rosemary and tie up the legs together.
- Select "saute" and add butter to the Instant Pot.
- Add the duck and cook on "saute" for for a few minutes until browned on all sides.
- Select "cancel" and remove the oil and grease from your Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and close the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once done open the lid and take out the duck.
- Optional: Throw the duck in the Air fryer Lid or in the oven to crisp up, for 5 minutes on 400°F.
- Transfer the duck to a cutting board. Cut into desired size pieces and serve.