Make the best roasted duck ever using your Instant Pot.
A delicious, tempting and yet very easy Instant Pot duck recipe you can make in only 50 minutes.
This aromatic and buttered roasted duck recipe will be a festive favorite for your Christmas dinner table.
Instant Pot Roasted Duck Recipe Video
Do I need to clean the Instant Pot after sauteing the duck?
Before adding the chicken stock, you can remove the grease and oil on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
You can use a wooden spoon to clean it easily.
Personally, I'm doing it but It's not mandatory.
Can I use frozen duck?
Yes, you can make this Instant Pot roast duck recipe with frozen duck.
In this case, add 10 minutes to the pressure cooking time.
To be honest, I don't recommend using semi-frozen or frozen duck for this recipe, since a fresh one would have a much better taste.
How to get a crispy duck?
After cooking, use Instant Pot air fryer lid or Mealthy CrispLid, and Air Fryer the duck at 375 °F for 10 minutes.
You can also use the oven and put the duck under the broiler for 10 minutes for a better taste.
How to serve
Serve with roasted veggies and fresh salad for a healthy meal.
You can also use these ideas for side dishes:
Can I make the duck more crispy?
Yes, of course. Your duck won't be crispy after the natural release.
To make it crunchy and crispy then Air Fry it for ANOTHER 10 minutes.
How to make Instant Pot Roasted Duck?
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Season the body and cavity of the duck with salt, lemon juice, Thyme, and black pepper.
Saute the Instant Pot for 5 minutes and add butter.
Once the butter is melted completely, add seasoned duck and add chicken broth.
Cover the pot & set it to High Pressure for 25 minutes.
Do a Natural Release.
Dish out & serve hot. You can also broil or air fryer for 10 minutes if you'd like.
Instant Pot Meat Recipes
Instant Pot Duck
- 1 wild duck 3-4 lb
- 2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon halved
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Prick the skin of the duck using a fork.
- Season the body and cavity of the duck with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the cavity of the duck with lemon and rosemary and tie up the legs together.
- Select "saute" and add butter to the Instant Pot.
- Add the duck and saute for a few minutes until browned on all sides.
- Select "cancel" and remove the oil and grease from your Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and close the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂
For a crispy duck
- Place the Air Fryer Lid and Air Fry at 375 °F for 10 minutes. You can also use the oven.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂