Steam will help you to speed up the whole process and you’ll be able to taste the softest and sweetest chocolate cake you’ve ever made! It’s also a perfect solution for a birthday party or for welcoming your kids’ friends at your house.
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 3 whisked eggs
- Powdered sugar to decorate
- Carefully line 6 inch cake form with parchment paper (also on its sides).
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt.
- Add melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour the batter into your cake tin.
- Cover with foil.
- Pour water (1cup) into your Instant Pot and place the trivet correctly.
- Place your cake tin onto the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes, then release the steam naturally.
- Remove the foil and let your cake cool for about 20 minutes before slicing it.
- Sprinkle each slice with powdered sugar and enjoy!
And here is the final cake:
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!