This cake is a very good option when you are craving for some chocolate but you have not enough time to bake a dessert in the oven.
Steam will help you to speed up the whole process and you’ll be able to taste the softest and sweetest chocolate cake you’ve ever made! It’s also a perfect solution for a birthday party or for welcoming your kids’ friends at your house.
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 whisked eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Powdered sugar to decorate
- Carefully line a cake tin with parchment paper (also on its sides).
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter (at room temperature), whisked eggs, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into your cake tin.
- Cover with foil.
- Pour water into your Instant Pot and place the trivet correctly.
- Place your cake tin onto the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes, then release the steam naturally.
- Remove the foil and let your cake cool for about 20 minutes before slicing it.
- Sprinkle each slice with powdered sugar and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!