It is a very delicious French dip with savory aroma. Serve it in a baguette for a complete meal!
- 1½ lb chuckroast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 dried bay leaf
- 1½ tbsp butter melted
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 7 ounce low-sodium beef broth
- 3 soft rolls
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add vegetable oil in the inner pot of instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- In a bowl, add chuck roast, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Put the marinated chuck roast in the inner pot of instant pot and sear it.
- Remove the seared roast from the instant pot and put aside.
- Add onions and select “Sauté”.
- Add red wine and simmer it.
- Then, add beef broth, bay leaf and chuck roast.
- Cover the lid and cook for 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Release the pressure through the steam vent and remove the lid.
- Transfer the roast to a serving plate and shred it.
- Meanwhile, place sandwich rolls on a baking sheet and brush a mixture of butter, garlic powder and salt on it.
- Add cheese on it and put it in the oven.
- Take out when the cheese melts and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.