Welcome to the best Instant Pot sandwich recipes on the internet!
These Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are loaded up with meat cooked in a delightful stock, with heaps of sweet onion, and spices.
Besides being a tremendous feast, it’s likewise ideal for parties and other gatherings.
What kind of beef can I use?
For French dip sandwiches, I would recommend to use chuck roast, in order to keep the meat juicy and moist make it well-marbled.
You can also use use flank steak, skirt steak or sirloin steak.
Instant Pot French Dip Recipe Video
Can I replace the beef?
Yes. Feel free to use other types of meat such as lamb, turkey, pork, etc.
What kinds of cheese can I use for my sandwiches?
For this Instant Pot French dip recipe, I have used Provolone because I considered it as the best one to use. But honestly, that doesn’t matter.
If you relish cheddar, you should go for it. If you want to add swiss, add swiss.
How to serve
Serve it in a baguette 🙂 If you want, you can add more caramelized onions and fresh salad.
Can I freeze it?
Yes. prepare the meat filling and get the sandwiches ready when everybody is prepared to eat.
You can likewise hold up this, so you have the meat arranged for whenever you feel like having French dip sandwiches!
What else can I try?
How to make French Dip
Gather all the ingredients.
Take an onion and cut it in half. Get the half-cut onion sliced.
Take 1 1/2 lb chuckroast.
Now add some Kosher salt, and black pepper to taste, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder into chuck roast. Mix well.
Add butter to the Instant Pot and saute the beef for a few minutes until brown.
Take it out and place a side.
Pour 1/4 cup of red wine to the Instant Pot and scrape the browned bits on the bottom.
Add 8 oz (1 cup) of Low Sodium Beef Broth, bay leaf and the chuck roast.
Cover the lid and cook for 1 hr 40 minutes.
Do a quick pressure release. And take out the beef. Put into soft rolls with some Provolone cheese slices, and Voila!
Microwave for about 30 seconds until the cheese melts.
Optional – Toasted Rolls
Brush soft rolls with a mixture of butter, garlic powder and salt.
Toast for 5 minutes on 400°F in the oven or in the Air Fryer Lid until the cheese melts.
Add the beef and enjoy even more 🙂
If you like this recipe, check out the Instant Pot French Mushroom Swiss Beef.
- 1½ lb chuck roast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 dried bay leaf
- 1½ tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 soft rolls or baguettes
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- In a bowl, mix beef, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add butter to the Instant Pot and select saute.
- Put the marinated chuck roast in the Instant Pot and saute until brown.
- Remove the seared roast from the Instant Pot and put aside.
- Add red wine and scrape the brown bits on the bottom.
- Add beef broth, bay leaf, onion and chuck roast.
- Cover the lid and cook for 1 hour 40 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Transfer the roast to a serving plate and shred it.
- Place beef and cheese inside the soft rolls.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂