This Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken is a classical and delicious dish for a cold winter night and it’s also healthy and easy to make, so why don’t you try it today? Use fresh oranges for a better flavor and plenty of vitamin C!
You can serve it together with plain rice or with seasonal vegetables like broccoli and cabbage.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 orange zested
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Chop your chicken breast into small cubes.
- Pour oil into your Instant Pot and press “Sauté”.
- Add chicken cubes and cook for 5 minutes, until they brown. Stir constantly to make them brown on each side and preventing them to stick to the pan.
- Add orange juice, tomato sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine, garlic and orange zest and stir.
- Lock your Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for about 5 minutes.
- Release the steam..
- Open the lid and press “Sauté” again.
- Add cornstarch to thicken the sauce and stir. If your chicken has dried too much, add some more orange juice.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until the sauce has reached the desired texture with no lumps.
- Add Chicken to a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh parlsey on top and serve with rice if desired .
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!