This Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice takes only 20 minutes from start to finish!
Delicious one-pot meal which is perfect for busy weeknight dinners! Huge meal for the whole family.
So cheesy, creamy, and savory – and so good.
Table of Contents
- What else can I add to my recipe?
- Recipe Video
- Can I use turkey or chicken instead of beef?
- Can I cut the recipe in half?
- Which rice should I use?
- How long should I cook the beef?
- What to serve it with?
- Can I store the leftovers?
- How to reheat Ground Beef and Rice?
- How to make Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot One-Pot Meals
- Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice
What else can I add to my recipe?
Throw in some more frozen mixed veggies or corn instead of the green peas.
Or you could add bell peppers or even chili peppers to make it as spicy as you’d like.
Can I use turkey or chicken instead of beef?
Can I cut the recipe in half?
Yes you can. Make 1 cup of rice and 1 lb of beef. Same cooking time.
Which rice should I use?
How long should I cook the beef?
It's better to cook the ground beef until almost no pink color remains and the beef becomes completely brownish.
What to serve it with?
It's great as a one-pot meal.
Can I store the leftovers?
You can surely freeze this dish but I would recommend freezing it without the sour cream and cheese.
How to reheat Ground Beef and Rice?
Add sour cream when you reheat.
I would also recommend adding a bit more liquid or sauce in order to rehydrate the rice as they become dry.
How to make Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice
Gather the ingredients.
Pour some oil in the pot and add ground beef while the Instant Pot is set to Saute for 5 minutes.
Stir the beef until it becomes brownish then add previously chopped onions.
Add the required spices.
Now add a can of tomato sauce and some rice.
There goes in some water as well.
Some chicken broth to add up the taste.
Mix it well and set the Pot to High Pressure for 4 minutes.
Do a Quick Release afterward.
Now add some frozen green peas & sour cream. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
Now we'll add a little bit of previously grated cheddar cheese.
Mix and let it warm for a minute or two.
Dish out & enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
Instant Pot One-Pot Meals
Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb grounded beef
- ½ onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cup rice
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Press saute and add olive oil.
- Add ground beef and saute for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add onion, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Add tomato sauce, rice, chicken broth and water and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Add sour cream and peas and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir for 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂