Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice is a delicious, creamy, and flavorful cheesy chicken dinner with rice that comes together in about 20 minutes!
A simple, crowd-pleasing weeknight dinner that even kids love!
No need to presoak the rice at all.
Just toss everything into the Instant Pot and let it accomplish the work for you.
- What kind of chicken should I use?
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe Video
- What kind of rice to use for this recipe?
- Do I have to cook the rice?
- Can I use pre-grated cheese?
- Can I take out the cheese?
- What else can I add to the recipe?
- How to make Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice?
- Instant Pot One-pot meals
What kind of chicken should I use?
You can try this Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice recipe with chicken thighs, drumsticks, or even ground chicken as well.
We would suggest sticking with the breasts as they give out a good flavor and takes less time to cook.
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe Video
What kind of rice to use for this recipe?
Do I have to cook the rice?
No. We are using uncooked rice so you don’t have to worry about them getting burnt.
Can I use pre-grated cheese?
We prefer to use freshly grated cheese.
This recipe is more for a simple and easy way to go, but the choice is up to you.
Using freshly grated cheese will give it a bit better texture.
Can I take out the cheese?
What else can I add to the recipe?
Rotel diced tomatoes
In fact, add anything you desire but please note that cooking time may change for hard texture vegetables.
How to make Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice?
Gather the necessary ingredients for the recipe.
Saute the pot for 3 minutes and add oil & previously chopped onions.
Add in diced chicken breasts and stir.
Once the chicken becomes whitish add some salt and black pepper.
Let’s add rice now.
You can add pre-soaked rice as well but the time may vary.
Add some chicken broth to your Instant Pot.
Add a cup of water and set the pot to High Pressure for 8 minutes.
Do a Quick Release.
Now add some Cream of Chicken Soup.
Add previously grated cheddar cheese.
Dish out & enjoy a delicious meal 🙂
Instant Pot One-pot meals
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup rice uncooked
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can condensed chicken soup cream
- 2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup mixed vegetables about 10 oz
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion and saute until golden.
- Add diced chicken an saute until brown.
- Add salt, pepper and rice and stir.
- Add chicken broth and water and stir.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Add Cream of Chicken Soup, grated cheddar cheese, and mixed vegetables and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂