Why mess up the whole kitchen when you can make a dinner for the whole family using only the Instant Pot? This one-pot meal you can make in your pressure cooker in less than 30 minutes! A highly nutritious and equally delicious meal to add to the menu of the dinner table.
The spaghetti Bolognese is a pasta dish coming from Italy and the city of Bologna. The meal is characterized by its meat sauce – a truly delicious mix of ground meat, chopped tomatoes, and simple seasoning.
The Bolognese sauce can be made with spaghetti, tagliatelle, or penne pasta. You can choose any type of pasta you like, and you can also prepare it alone if you are in the mood!
You can serve it as is or over some grilled veggies, to create a nice mix, something like a veggie lasagna. But, back to the Bolognese… This dish is something you must try. Everyone likes simple yet tasty meals, and this one is perfect. It really takes so little of your time, and tastes amazing, although it is a quite simple recipe.
You can enrich it with some chopped veggies, like celery or carrots, or toss in few chopped olives. It is really up to your personal preferences.
How To Make Spaghetti Bolognese
Gather your ingredients:
Heat Instant pot to Saute. Add 1 tbsp of oil and cook beef until no longer pink.
Once the beef is cooked remove it and place aside. Cook the onions and garlic until soft.
Place back in the beef and add can tomatoes and oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add broken spaghetti and pour in the broth.
Close the lid and select High-pressure. Set the timer to 7 minutes. Perform a quick pressure release. Stir the spaghetti.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cup beef broth
- 12 ounce spagheti
- 1 can organic crushed tomatoes
- Turn on the Instant Pot, select "saute" and add some oil.
- Add beef and cook until it's browned . Remove the beef and place it aside.
- Add onion and cook on "saute" for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place back in the beef, and add the crushed tomatoes.
- Break spaghetti in half and place inside the Instant Pot over the tomatoes and beef. Pour over the stock and make sure the spaghetti are nicely covered.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release (move the steam valve to "venting").
- Open the lid and separate pasta by stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Feel free to garnish with cheese and basil.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks