Instant Pot Chicken Salad is a super delicious lunch recipe that’s so easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes! It's equally perfect on a sandwich or on top of a green salad.
If you’re looking for a light and tasty recipe that you’ll make again and again, you have come to the right place 🙂
Why This Recipe Works
When I think of chicken salad, I think of dry, overcooked chicken that is slathered in mayonnaise to try to bring back some moisture. No more! This recipe will completely change your perception of chicken salad!
This Instant Pot Chicken Salad recipe is jam-packed with goodies that add flavor and nutritional value, like almonds, grapes, and chives. Once you try this chicken salad, you’ll never go back to your old recipe!
Chicken breast – can be left whole. It will be shredded when it comes out of the pressure cooker.
Mayonnaise – this recipe only calls for 4 tablespoons of mayo, can you believe it!? Opt for real mayonnaise rather than a substitute like Miracle Whip.
Almonds – you can use whole almonds, roughly chopped, or slivered almonds.
Dijon mustard – you can substitute spicy brown mustard.
Chives – you can also substitute green onions here.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Salad
Gather your ingredients:
Rub the chicken breasts with spices (Dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper).
Place in Instant Pot.
Add the chicken broth.
Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 min. After that, do a natural release.
In a bowl combine mayo, garlic and onion powder, lemon juice, and dijon.
Shred the chicken breasts.
Combine with grapes, celery, almonds, red onion, and snipped chives.
Add the dressing and mix well.
Serve on a sandwich and enjoy!
- This Instant Pot Chicken Salad recipe can be eaten warm or cold. I like to make a big batch ahead of time and let it cool completely in the refrigerator. It will last for several days, so it’s perfect for meal prep!
- This recipe is super flexible! Feel free to omit any of the toppings that don’t sound good to you or add something else to make it your own.
- Check out the video below for detailed instructions on how to make this chicken salad recipe:
How to Serve
This chicken salad makes an excellent sandwich! This recipe is gluten free without the bread, so for gluten free eaters, try serving it with Instant Pot Gluten-Free Bread.
I also like to serve chicken salad sandwiches with a big side of Instant Pot French Fries, which also can be made gluten free!
More Instant Pot Sandwich Recipes
I absolutely love a good sandwich for lunch or dinner! Here are some of my other favorites to make in the Instant Pot:
Can you make this recipe with cubed chicken?
Definitely! If you prefer, you can make this recipe with cubed chicken. The chicken can be cubed either before cooking or after cooking, but I recommend after cooking. It will stay moister that way.
What spices are in this recipe?
The spices in this recipe are dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. These are used to season the chicken and are also adding to the dressing to enhance the flavor.
Feel free to switch it up with your own spices! This recipe is also great with an Italian spice blend.
Instant Pot Chicken Salad
- 1 ½ pound chicken breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ cup celery
- ½ cup grapes halved
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup almonds
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper for taste
- 2 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 ciabatta for serving
- Rub the chicken breasts with spices.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and add the chicken broth as well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- In a bowl combine mayo, garlic and onion powder, lemon juice, and dijon.
- Open the lid and Shred the chicken breasts.
- Combine with grapes, celery, almonds, red onion, and snipped chives.
- Add the dressing and mix well.
- Serve on a sandwich and enjoy!
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂