The Instant Pot Taco soup is one of the easiest soups you can make. You will fall in love with the flavor and the richness of the soup. This is one of those cozy and comforting soups we all need when the weather outside is just dull and awful.
The soup is bursting in flavors and it is loaded with protein coming from the ground beef and beans. This recipe uses red beans, but you can use garbanzo, brown, or any kind of beans you have. Also the beef is not mandatory and if you want, you can try making the soup with pork or spicy pork sausage.
Whatever you choose you just can’t go wrong as this soup is just perfect!
Serve it with some sour cream on top just to balance out the heat.
How To Make Taco Soup
Gather your ingredients:
Cook beef in Instant Pot on Saute, with some oil, until browned.
Add spices and chili peppers. Stir well.
Add stock and can crushed tomatoes. Lock the lid in place, and select High-Pressure. Cook for 6 minutes. Let the pressure come down naturally. Open the lid.
Stir gently and add red beans. Simmer on Saute for 8 minutes.
Serve soup warm.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.75 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups beef stock
- 14 oz. red beans
- 4 oz chopped chilies canned
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes canned
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select "saute".
- Add some oil and the ground beef and cook on saute for 6 minutes.
- Add spices and chopped chilies, stir well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and the beef stock. Stir gently.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir in can beans. Cook for 5 minutes on Saute.
- Serve warm and enjoy :]