A traditional Italian lasagna recipe. Perfect fancy dish for any event. A great treat to everyone. Tremendous taste which is delightful.
Looking for a meatless recipe? Try this Instant Pot vegetarian lasagna.
Looking for soup? Try this Instant Pot lasagna soup.
- 6-8 lasagna noodles not boiled
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning divided
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion chopped
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese shredded
For browning the meat:
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté, let the pot be hot.
- Add in beef and break up meat into smaller bites.
- Add in kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, onion, garlic and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- When meat is turned brown, remove it from instant pot.
- Add 1½ cups of water in instant pot, deglaze and mix well.
- Place trivet to the instant pot over the water.
For ricotta filling:
- Take a bowl and add ricotta cheese, egg, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- Mix well to combine.
For layering lasagna:
- Take a pan (preferably 7 by 3 inch) and layer the ingredients of lasagna.
- Break the oven ready lasagna noodles to the bottom of the pan.
- Start with a layer of marinara sauce.
- Top with half ricotta cheese mixture.
- Top with meat and onion mixture.
- Add marinara sauce on the meat.
- Add another layer of lasagna layer and repeat the process.
- After repeating all the steps and final layer of lasagna noodles.
- Top it with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
For baking in instant pot
- Place lasagna pan on the trivet and trivet in the instant pot.
- Close the lid and move to valve to "sealing".
- Cook at high pressure for 22 minutes.
- When cooking ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and take out lasagna.
Broil the lasagna
- Place the lasagna under the broiler or by using Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy :]