What a nice way to eat peppers. I like to mix up the colors and use red, yellow, green and orange peppers. It’s not just their colors that are different, but their taste too!
The stuffing is a mixture ground beef, rice and tomato sauce, which I then brown in the oven to give it an extra crisp and melt the cheese . I Serve it with a good steam broccoli, but feel free to eat it without a side dish.
The Stuffed Peppers are a classic, but several details make it even more delicious when it’s cooked in the instant pot. First there is the cooking of the peppers – For once they are neither too hard, nor too soft, just tender enough. It’s not easy to achieve a beautiful texture of cooked pepper, but I think that the technique of steam cooking in the instant pot and then broiling them in the oven did a great job .
The taste for this stuff pepper is a classic Italian combination. You can substitute the Italian spice for Mexican one if you like, you will get a tex-mex stuffed peppers.
This time I added image of each and every step to make it easy for you to follow. Hope it helps :]
As always you can get the regular recipe at the bottom of the page.
First I wash and clean the peppers:
Then I brown the beef using the ‘satue’ option of the Instant Pot
Then I make a mixture from the beef, rice, onion and all the remaining spices.
Then I add water and put the trivet with the peppers inside:
After cooking, I add some cheese on top and bake the peppers for a few minutes:
Then I take them out and enjoy :]
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 onion minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash the peppers, cut off their tops and deseed them carefully.
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot and press “Sauté”:
- Add ground beef and cook for 2 minutes, until meat browns slightly.
- Place your browned beef into a large bowl and add cooked rice, minced onion, whisked egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, thyme, Italian seasoning, paprika, tomato sauce and salt and pepper.
- Mix well to obtain a homogeneous mixture and stuff the peppers with this it.
- Clean the bottom of the Instant Pot and then add water.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and then place your stuffed peppers onto the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for about 5 minutes, depending on the size of your peppers.
- After cooking ends, let the pressure release naturally.
- Carefully take the peppers out and place them on a baking tin.
- Spread with shredded mozzarella and put in the oven.
- Bake in grilling mode (180°c or 350°f) for a couple of minutes, until cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!