This is simply the best recipe of a sweet and fluffy and traditional cornbread… Buttermilk, sour cream, honey and corn kernels are the secret of this wonderful and delicious bread.
Instant Pot Cornbread Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- Grease a 7-inch round pan. Keep aside.
- In bowl, mix together corn, cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, add the eggs, buttermilk, cream and butter and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Keep aside for about 15 minutes.
- Place mixture into a prepared pan.
- Arrange a steamer trivet in the bottom of Instant Pot and pour the water.
- Place the pan on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 25 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid andtransfer the bread pan onto a wire rack for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Carefully, invert the bread onto the wire rack.
- Cut into desired slices and serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.