This is a delicious weeknight dinner, with a hearty and natural flavor. Kids will surely like its creamy texture and its simple and tasty ingredients. Fresh mushrooms make it the ideal recipe for the first cold autumn nights, while the Instant Pot cooking will make your chicken breast tender and juicy, without the unpleasant tough consistency it has when overcooked in the oven. Feel free to use your favorite pressure cooker for this autumn creamy chicken casserole!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1½ cup broth
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place butter and garlic into your Instant Pot and press “Sauté” button.
- Cook until butter melts, then add chicken.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on both sides (until it browns).
- Add mushrooms, broth, salt and pepper.
- Lock your Instant Pot and cook for about 10 minutes at high pressure (the exact timing depends on the thickness of your chicken breast).
- Let the steam release naturally, then press “Sauté” again.
- Add potato starch and slowly stir to obtain a thick sauce.
- Serve hot.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!