This is a delicious weeknight dinner, with a hearty and natural flavor.
Kids will surely like its creamy texture and its simple and tasty ingredients. Fresh mushrooms make it the ideal recipe for the first cold autumn nights. The instant Pot will make your chicken breast into a creamy and juicy delicacy. Forget about overcooked or dried chicken. Feel free to use your favorite pressure cooker for this autumn creamy chicken and mushrooms.
Chicken breasts are a perfect piece of white meat as they have a mild flavor and can be paired with anything. The most common pairs include green beans, potatoes, bell peppers, and of course mushrooms.
Mushrooms give a nice earthy flavor and turn chicken into a gourmet dish. Besides being fulfilling, the mushrooms are filled with protein, vitamin, and selenium.
When it comes to the nutrient value of this dish, we can say it is just the right for athletes or those whole need more insurance throughout the day. This meal will supply you with a significant dose of protein and fibers but without bloating.
When it comes to the recipe itself, we are using plain white mushrooms. Still, you can use any kind of you like, brown, portabella, oyster, or even shiitake.
Serve it with a bowl of freshly prepared salad for a complete healthy meal.
How to make Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms
Gather your ingredients:
Select the Saute option on your Instant Pot and melt butter. Once the butter is melted add garlic to the Instant Pot. Cook garlic for 10 seconds.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, and sear in the Instant pot on both sides.
Add mushrooms and pour in the stock.
Close the lid and lock in place. Select Manual and adjust to High Pressure. Set the timer to 10 minutes. Release steam naturally. Whisk the cornstarch with cooking liquid or water, no more than 3 tbsp and pour over the mushrooms and chicken.
Select the Saute options and cook until the sauce is thickened. Serve warm.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place butter and garlic into your Instant Pot and press "saute".
- Cook until the butter melts, and then add chicken.
- Cook one "saute" for about 2 minutes on each side until it's browned.
- Add mushrooms, broth, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes at high pressure (the exact timing depends on the thickness of your chicken breast).
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Take some of the cooking liquid, combine with the starch to make a slurry and add to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on "saute" for 2 minutes while stirring well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks