This instant pot butter chicken is delicious, satisfying and flavorful. This recipe is incredibly quick and easy to make. Butter adds upto its taste.
Instant Pot Butter Chicken Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken cubed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp ginger fresh and grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- cilantro chopped for garnish (optional)
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add in butter, onions, ginger, garlic, all spices and sauté for 5 minutes, stir well so they don’t burn.
- Add in chicken cubes and tomato sauce.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 7 minutes, release the pressure quickly through steam vent.
- Turn of the instant pot and open the lid.
- Add in heavy cream and stir well.
- Turn on the sauté mode and sauté for 2 minutes for thickening of sauce.
- Sprinkle cilantro and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.