Israeli couscous are tiny balls of lightly toasted pasta dough, and they are absolutely delicious!
It is the perfect addition to whatever meat you are cooking and kids love them.
We are making them with olive oil, but feel free to use canola oil or 1 tablespoon butter instead.
How can I make it vegan?
Replace the chicken broth with vegetable stock or even water.
Can I add vegetables?
You can also add onion or mushrooms as well (same cooking time):
Can I double the amount?
Yes. If you want to double up the quantity and make 16 ounce pack, use 2 ½ cups of chicken broth.
Cooking time stays the same - cook for 5 minutes and once done do a quick pressure release.
How about a one-pot meal?
I got a burn message! What to do?
If you see the Instant Pot burn message on the display, and hear some annoying beeps, just ignore it all for 5 minutes and than do a quick pressure release. Don't worry - the taste and the texture would still be great - Trust me :]
The burn message on this case just means that you added too less water, so next time, for the same amount, brand and type, add a little more water.
It happened to me one time when I used a different brand, and although I thought that dinner is ruined, I still got a delicious Israeli couscous!
What to serve with Israeli Couscous?
Serve with any beef or chicken recipe instead of rice. Some suggestions:
Instant Pot Israeli Couscous
- 1 package Harvest Grains Blend 8 ounce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Place Harvest Grains Blend, oil, chicken broth, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Fluff with a fork and serve 🙂
- If you want to make the recipe colorful, add veggies or simply use tri-color couscous.
- You can make 2 cups of couscous with 2 ½ coups of stock. Cooking time stay the same - 5 minutes and then a quick release.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂