Looking for a comfort food recipe? Well then try Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash right now!
This simple-to-make Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash recipe takes only 11 minutes to make and yet has a wonderful taste.
- What is Chicken Paprikash?
- Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash Recipe Video
- How to serve?
- Is there any substitute for Olive oil?
- Is there any substitute for Chicken Stock?
- What can I use instead of Chicken Thigh?
- How to make Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash?
- More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash
What is Chicken Paprikash?
Chicken paprikash (AKA paprikás csirke) is a well-known Hungarian dish.
Chicken Paprikash just means paprika chicken. As simple as that 🙂
I'm not Hungarian, but rather having experienced childhood in Europe, this velvety chicken stew has surely shown up on our table.
Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash Recipe Video
How to serve?
Traditionally, paprikash chicken is served with small dumplings or gnocchi-like noodles.
If you are too tired to make that as well, you have some great options you can make in your Instant Pot as well:
Serve it over on of the options above or even spiraled zucchini noodles and top with extra cream and some green onions to truly make this dish a dinner.
Is there any substitute for Olive oil?
If you don’t have olive oil, you can use butter or vegetable/sunflower oil.
Is there any substitute for Chicken Stock?
Yes, vegetable stock can be used as well as chicken broth.
What can I use instead of Chicken Thigh?
Chicken boneless is fine to use, chicken drumsticks as well and so are chicken breasts.
Cooking time could vary slightly.
This would depend on the type and size of the pieces as well.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash?
Gather all the ingredients.
Season chicken thighs with Salt, Pepper, and Sweet Paprika.
Take your Instant Pot and Set it to Saute for 3 minutes.
Add olive oil.
Add chopped Onions and Garlic cloves.
Now add chicken thighs into the pot.
Add some Bay leaves to t he pot.
Add the chicken stock into the pot.
Set the pot to high pressure for 5 minutes.
Do a Quick Release.
Saute for 3 minutes AGAIN and add Heavy cream to the pot.
Add 2 table spoons of Sour Cream to the pot.
Add 5 table spoons of Corn Starch. Stir
Cut a lemon in half and add its juice to the pot.
Dish out your toothsome Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash and enjoy 🙂
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Thighs
Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peel and chopped
- 2 chicken thighs sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 ½ chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ lemon juiced
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
- Press "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and saute on both sides until brown.
- Add bay leaves and chicken stock and stir.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add heavy cream, sour cream, cornstarch and lemon juice and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂