Brown rice, unlike white rice, is a rice that still contains its shell, rich in fiber and nutrients. Like all complete foods, Brown rice is recommended for its low glycemic load in the diet of people with diabetes but it should be recommended to everyone instead of white rice.
The difference with brown rice is that it takes a little longer to cook than white rice.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water or broth
- 1 tsp salt
Before cooking a good brown rice or rice, it is strongly recommended to rinse it to remove the starch (which makes the rice sticks) and all the impurities that may be on the grain of rice. Put the rice in a bowl and rinse it several times, rubbing it until the water is no longer cloudy.
- Add water/broth and brown rice into the instant pot and stir.
- Adjust the pressure on “High” and cook for 15 minutes. Cover with lid.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Remove the lid and fluff the brown rice by using fork.
- Brown rice are ready to serve.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!