Back to basic with this easy Instant Pot broccoli.
Using this recipe, you will cook it perfectly and get a delicious and nutritious side dish.
If you cook it too much, you will get a soggy broccoli. So make sure you stays near the Instant Pot and do a quick pressure release right when the cooking time ends.
Why should I eat broccoli?
Broccoli is a superfood! Although it is composed almost entirely of water , it contains a lot of fiber, rich in various minerals , has low carbohydrates and is also an exceptional source of vitamin C. vitamin K and vitamin B9 . Impressive and super healty!
Which steamer basket should I use?
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Yes you can. Fresh one would be much better but you can use frozen broccoli as well. If you do so, add 1 minute to the cooking time and cook for 2 minutes on high pressure.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes you can! You can cook 2 heads of broccoli (16 ounces) at once. The recipe stays the same – use 1 cup of water (no need to add more!) and cook for 1 minute on high pressure.
Oh , and if you are into broccoli, you really have to make this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli.
- 1 head broccoli around 8 ounces
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the broccoli in florets.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the steaming basket in the instant pot.
- Put the broccoli inside the steaming basket.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 1 minute.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release and take out the broccoli.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy 🙂