Back to basic with this easy Instant Pot broccoli. this is a steamed broccoli recipe, means it's oil-free which is always a good thing :]
Using this recipe, you will cook it perfectly and get a delicious and nutritious side dish.
If you cook it too much, you will get a soggy broccoli. So make sure you stays near the Instant Pot and do a quick pressure release right when the cooking time ends.
Why should I eat broccoli?
Broccoli is a superfood! Although it is composed almost entirely of water , it contains a lot of fiber, rich in various minerals , has low carbohydrates and is also an exceptional source of vitamin C. vitamin K and vitamin B9 . Impressive and super healthy!
Which steamer basket should I use?
Can I make Instant Pot Broccoli without steamer basket?
In order to make broccoli without steamer basket, follow these steps:
1. Pour 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot
2. Place the broccoli on the bottom of the Instant Pot
3. Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 1 minute.
4. Do a quick release, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Please note you will get a better result using a steaming basket.
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Yes you can. Fresh one would be much better but you can use frozen broccoli as well. If you do so, add 1 minute to the cooking time and cook for 2 minutes on high pressure.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes you can! You can cook 2 heads of broccoli (16 ounces) at once. The recipe stays the same - use 1 cup of water (no need to add more!) and cook for 1 minute on high pressure.
Oh , and if you are into broccoli, you really have to make this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli.
How to steam broccoli in Instant Pot
Instant Pot Easy and Healthy Recipes
Instant Pot Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli around 8 ounces
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the broccoli in florets.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place the steaming basket in the instant pot.
- Put the broccoli inside the steaming basket.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 1 minute.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release and take out the broccoli.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂