Instant Pot Yellow Rice is a simple and quick recipe for a delicious side dish!
Learn how to cook yellow rice in an Instant Pot using simple and real food ingredients for the best rice ever.
- What makes the rice yellow?
- Instant Pot Yellow Rice Recipe video
- What is Instant Pot Yellow Rice?
- What kind of rice to use for this recipe?
- How to keep the rice stored/frozen?
- How to reheat Yellow Rice?
- Do I have to rinse the rice?
- What to serve it with?
- What else can I add to my recipe?
- How to make Instant Pot Yellow Rice?
- More Instant Pot Rice recipes
What makes the rice yellow?
It is Turmeric!
Turmeric is an amazing spice that actually has many health benefits, like anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
It also has great flavor.
It’s a wonderful spice to cook with and to have on hand in your pantry.
Instant Pot Yellow Rice Recipe video
What is Instant Pot Yellow Rice?
There are numerous sorts of Yellow Rice from various nations and locales.
Such as Spanish Yellow Rice (Arroz Amarillo), Indian, Indonesian, Mediterranean, South African, Middle Eastern Yellow Rice… and that’s only the tip of the iceberg!
However they can be made with an assortment of ingredients relying upon the locale, by and large, they’re made with rice and turmeric.
Turmeric is a typical zest utilized in Asian cooking styles for shading, enhancing, and coloring.
Despite the fact that it’s may not be a spectacular fundamental dish, it’s anything but a tasty sparkling star on the table!
A comforting little treat that baits us into returning for quite a long time.
What kind of rice to use for this recipe?
How to keep the rice stored/frozen?
All you have to do is put a couple of cups of cooled cooked rice into a zip-top freezer bag, press out excess air, and put it in the freezer.
How to reheat Yellow Rice?
When you are ready to reheat the yellow rice, simply open the bag, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bag, and put it in the microwave (with the bag open) for about 3-5 minutes.
Do I have to rinse the rice?
No, but it’s really recommended to rinse your rice before adding it to the Instant Pot.
This helps to ensure that the rice doesn’t bubble up and spit out of the sealing vent when coming up to pressure or when releasing pressure.
I do this by running it through a mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
What to serve it with?
This Instant Pot Yellow Riceis so versatile and would go with so many different types of food!
Personally, I love it with:
What else can I add to my recipe?
- You could also use vegetable broth (or stock) or water in place of the chicken stock.
- You could also use lime juice and lime zest in a pinch. (Just like in the Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice recipe)
How to make Instant Pot Yellow Rice?
Gather all the ingredients.
Add butter into the pot.
Add chopped garlic cloves and stir well.
Add Rice into the pot now.
Add turmeric and other spices.
Add chicken broth into the pot.
Now, add soy sauce and coconut milk.
Set the pot to high pressure for 5 minutes.
Once done, wait for a Natural Release. (If the floating valve doesn’t drop after 20 minutes, you can do a quick release)
Dish out your Instant Pot Yellow Rice and serve well garnished.
More Instant Pot Rice recipes
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cups rice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock unsalted
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add butter to the Instant Pot and press saute.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add rice, turmeric and salt and stir well.
- Add chicken stock, soy sauce and coconut milk and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release for 20 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂