Back to basics with this easy Instant Pot cilantro lime rice. Quick and delicious side dish you can make in less than 20 minutes.
This is a great option when you want to diversify the usual side dish and yet keep it healthy and nutritious.
Which types of rice can I use?
If you use brown rice, add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
How to make Cilantro Lime Rice
Gather your ingredients:
Add the long-grain rice, 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and garlic powder, and water to the Instant Pot and stir well.
Turn the vent to the sealing position, press manual mode, and adjust the time to 3 minutes. When the instant pot finished cooking, press the cancel button. Then release the steam naturally.
In a bowl mix the remain olive oil lime juice and minced cilantro. Add to the rice and stir.
Serve with an additional lime slice and enjoy!
- 1 cup long-grain white rice no rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Place the rice, 1 tbsp of oil, salt, garlic powder and water in the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release and then open the lid.
- In a bowl mix the 1 tbsp of olive oil, lime juice and minced cilantro. Add the mixture to the rice and stir.
- Serve with an additional lime slice and enjoy!