Instant Pot Chicken and rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup white rice
- kosher salt
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat Instant Pot by setting to “sauté”.
Add oil and onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add garlic, oregano, and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
Add rice and broth and season with salt and pepper.
Add carrots, bell pepper, and chicken.
Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 8 minutes.
Select the “Cancel” and release the pressure quickly.
Top with parsley before serving.