This Instant Pot Chicken and rice is the perfect one-pot meal for the whole family! Combine vegetables, chicken, rice, and spices, and get a delicious recipe that you can make in less than 15 minutes using your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
I love this recipe because it is a full dish that you can serve with some veggies or bread on the side. It is packed in rice and chicken and will give you a feeling of satiety. You can serve it at room temperature, but I love it steaming hot right from the Instant pot.
Can I keep the leftovers?
Sure! If you have leftovers, keep them for lunch the next day. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Do I have to use chicken broth?
Chicken broth or stock would give you a rich and better taste. If you don’t have one, you can use a bouillon chicken cube & water.
Chicken And Rice Recipe Video
Can I use only water?
Yes. I find the plain water quite okay but again, chicken broth would give you a better result.
Which rice to use?
Which chicken part to use?
You can use the chicken breasts as I did. I have also made this recipe with the skinless and boneless chicken thighs, so they work great too. It really does not matter between these two, just make sure your chicken is cut into equal pieces.
More Instant Pot one-pot meals
How to make Chicken and Rice?
Gather your ingredients:
Cook chicken with onion and garlic powder on Saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Lock the lid into place and cook on High pressure for 8 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a quick pressure release.
Serve chicken and rice warm and feel free to top with parsley.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed peppers, red, green, and yellow chopped
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- chopped parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press "saute" and add oil.
- Once the oil heated, add chicken, onion, and garlic powder and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂