So you want to make a side dish but you want to diversify the usual jasmine or brown rice. Well.. it’s your lucky day 🙂
This Instant Pot fried rice is a quick and easy dish and it tastes much better than the restaurant one.
Which rice to use?
For this recipe I used long grain jasmine rice.
You can use basmati rice as well.
Can I use water instead of vegetable broth?
Yes. Works great as well.
Can I add frozen corn?
Yes. If you like corn you can add it with the peas and saute together.
How to make fried rice
Gather your ingredients:
Add rice and vegetable stock to your instant pot.
Add the diced carrots and close the lid.
Turn the vent to the sealing position, press manual mode, and adjust the time to 3 minutes.
When the Instant Pot finished cooking, allow a natural release for 10 minutes (just like we make any Instant Pot rice recipe) and then do a quick pressure release.
Move the rice to a side and press the saute. Add oil and frozen peas and saute for a couple of minutes.
Stir well and add the beaten egg.
Saute for 2 minutes more stirring regularly.
Add the salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add rice and vegetable stock to the Instant Pot.
- Add the carrot and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Move the rice to a side and press saute.
- Add oil and frozen peas to the empty place and saute for 4 minutes.
- Mix everything together and add the beaten eggs.
- Stir well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, serve and enjoy.