It is a delicious, cheap and easy-to-make instant pot dish. It is perfect for main course and helps to please rice lovers.
Instant Pot Khichdi/ Pongal Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
- 1/2 cup basmati rice washed
- 1/2 cup split yellow lentils or moong dal washed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Add oil, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, curry leaves and ginger in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add rice, moong dal, water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Press the “Cancel” button and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Now, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 5 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and serve h0t.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.