Looking for something healthy and tasty? This Instant Pot lentils and rice is the recipe for you!
You can serve it with chicken or tofu or even enjoy a light one-pot meal.
This Instant Pot lentils and rice recipe is vegetarian and vegan and takes less than 15 minutes to make.
Moreover, the ingredients for this recipe are really cheap so it’s an amazing option for budget friendly meal.
Which type of rice to use?
Do I need to soak lentils before?
No. That’s why I like this recipe so much! The Instant Pot does all the hard work and saves you a lot of time.
How to make Lentils and rice
Gather your ingredients:
Press saute and add olive oil.
Saute the onion until golden and crispy, about 3-4 min, and set aside.
Add the rest of the ingredients to your Instant Pot.
Cook on high for 10 min. After that do a quick release.
Serve with fried onion on top and enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup rice long-grain
- 1 cup lentils no-soak
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press saute and add olive oil.
- Saute the onion for a few minutes until golden and set aside.
- Add rice, lentils, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chicken stock and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, top with the fried onion and serve 🙂