So for this Instant Pot Rice a Roni recipe we are going to be mixing rice with spaghetti, which may sound a little strange… but actually it’s quite healthy, it tastes great, and the kids love it and are asking for more!
If you are looking to diversify your meals, instead of going with plain rice again, this is a great option to mix it up once in a while. I’ve been making this as a side dish so often lately!
Can I Use Another Type of Pasta?
I think spaghetti is the best option for this recipe, but you can also use a similar long pasta such as angel hair or linguine and get a similar result.
I Am a Vegetarian—Can I Eat This?
Yes, this quick and easy pressure cooker recipe is a great option for a vegetarian side dish! It is vegan too as long as you
If you are not necessarily concerned with the dish being vegetarian, you could replace the vegetable broth with chicken broth for a different flavor. It’s delicious!
How Can I Make a Vegan Rice A Roni?
Just take out the butter and use olive oil or vegan butter instead.
What Can I Substitute for Parsley?
Adding fresh herbs at the end really elevates the flavor of this dish. Instead of parsley, you could also try using basil, cilantro, or oregano.
If you are using dried parsley instead of fresh, you should reduce the amount by about a third since dried herbs are more potent, and you can add the dried herbs at the same time you add the broth.
What Should I Serve with this?
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 oz spaghetti noodles broken into small pieces
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onio chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped
- Press saute and add butter or olive oil.
- Add onion and spaghetti and stir for 2 minutes
- Add rice, broth and garlic powder and stir a bit.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open lid, top with chopped parsley and serve.