Finding the delicious coconut creamy flavor in rice? Here you go! Try this amazing Instant Pot Coconut Rice now!
Why This Recipe Works
Instant Pot Coconut Rice is an amazing side dish that gives a touch of exotic twist to any dish. It is very simple to make and it's vegetarian and vegan.
If you want to have this as a side dish just decrease the sugar amount and yes, free to go!! Instant Pot Coconut Rice is a much flexible dish that you can serve with whatever you want! This recipe only takes 15 minutes to end the thunder of your hunger!
Coconut Milk- Use pure (unsweetened preferred) coconut milk.
Rice- Use basmati rice (long grain preferred) for better results
How to make the perfect rice?
Just follow these 3 simple tips:
- Rinse the rice - This is a must for the perfect fluffy coconut rice. I normally rinse the rice once, but I rinse until the water is clear, when making coconut rice. This removes excess starch and makes rice fluffy.
- Soak the rice - The coconut rice has an addition of coconut and this calls for more water. But more water may make the rice structure weird. So, I like to soak my rice in water for 20 minutes. this gives perfect rice, without adding to excess liquid.
- Do not stir - Once you add all the ingredients and start cooking, do not stir. This step is not usually done, but I have seen people who stop the Instant pot so they could stir the rice. The Instant pot will cook the rice to perfection, so there is no need of checking upon him.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients
Add 2 cups of rice into the pot.
Pour 14 oz of coconut milk into the pot.
Add a tablespoon of granulated sugar.
Add 2 teaspoons of Kasher salt.
Pressure cook at high for 10 minutes.
Do a quick release and dish out the rice.
Feel free to top with your favorite topping and serve the rice!
How to serve
Although it is made with coconut. We can add dried fruits to have them as it is. this Instant Pot coconut rice is not a dessert but a delicious side dish.
Coconut rice is a classic side dish in the Caribbean area. It is made with coconut, rice, We can also try it with cinnamon, cloves, and anise star. As a special touch, some dried currants are added. If you do not have currants, you can use cranberries as well.
Which rice to use?
For this Instant Pot coconut rice recipe, I used Basmati rice. I find it pairs perfectly with coconut milk. You can use plain white rice or even brown rice. Make sure you adjust your cooking time regarding the rice type. For help, you can use this rice calculator.
What else can I add?
You can try using salted roasted cashews or other types of nuts. The rice can be topped with chopped coriander leaves, parsley, or tarragon leaves.
Instant Pot Rice Recipes
Looking for more? Check these Instant Pot rice recipes.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- 2 cup rice soaked and drained
- ½ cup water
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar granulated
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- sesame for serving. optional.
- Add rice and all the other ingredients to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Dish out and garnish it with sesame and serve!
- Ensure good quality of rice for best taste. You should get them from your go-to and trusted store in the market.
- Remember not to stir the rice after adding ingredients.
- Do not soak in water for more than 20 minutes for this recipe.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂