Sometimes you don’t need a photogenic recipe you can share on Instagram. You just want something tasty and filling you can serve for dinner.
This Instant Pot red beans and rice is that kind of recipe.
One-pot meal, vegetarian, vegan and can be ready in less than 25 minutes.
Many recipes out there tell you to cook the rice separately in another pot. I don’t like using a second pot for my recipes. After all, why did I purchase Instant Pot in the first place?
Can I use black beans?
Yes you can.
Can I use dry beans?
If you don’t have canned beans or wanna use dry beans for any other reason, you need to soak and cook them first using your Instant Pot.
Just follow this Instant Pot black beans recipe and use the beans you get.
Which type of rice should I use?
How to make Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
Gather your ingredients:
Rinse the long grain rice under cool water. Set aside
Then press saute mode and heat the olive oil. Add red onion and saute for about 3 min.
Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 min.
Stir in the spices.
Then add tomato sauce and saute for 2 min, while stirring.
Turn off and add the rinsed rice.
Add canned beans.
Pour over the vegetable broth.
Turn the vent to the sealing position, press manual mode, and adjust the time to 3 minutes.
When the instant pot finished cooking, press the cancel button. Then release the steam naturally.
Add cilantro and stir.
Serve with lime slice and enjoy!
- 2 cups long-grain jasmine rice uncooked
- 1 cup canned red beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lime slices for serving
- Press saute and add olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Add red onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add spices and tomato sauce and saute for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the rice and the canned beans.
- Add the vegetable broth, stir well and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release for 20 minutes.
- Once done, open the lid, add cilantro and stir.
- Serve with lime slice and enjoy!