Rajma, an Indian kidney bean dish, involves kidney beans simmered with Indian spices. This is a typical Punjabi recipe that is enjoyed with rice by all!
Instant Pot Rajma Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup dried kidney beans soaked overnight
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped
- 1/4 Serrano pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- pinch cayenne optional
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- cilantro garnish
- Blend together Serrano pepper and onions ina food processor and set aside.
- Put oil and cumin seeds into the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for about 1 minute and add blended Serrano mixture.
- Stir fry for 10 minutesuntil the mixture turns brown.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, bay leafand spices and add pureed tomatoes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and add water and kidney beans.
- Select “Manual” and set at “high pressure” for about 30 minutes.
- Select “cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with roti or rice.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks