These Mexican flavored savory beans are juicy and soft. They are full of nutrients and are energetic. They tastes so yummy.
You can use it as a side dish, in a salad and even for stuffing your enchiladas.
Instant Pot Black Beans Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb dry black beans
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Rinse beans and make sure there are no pebbles.
- Add all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking ends, do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. (basically do nothing and just wait).
- After 10 minutes, do a quick pressure release (move the vent to "venting").
- Open the lid and enjoy.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks