Looking for a cheap dinner? This Instant Pot ham and beans is the recipe for you!
And the best part? No need to pre-soak the navy beans overnight! Dump-and-go soup you can make in only 70 minutes total!
Super easy to make and deliciously comforting to eat!
- What are navy beans?
- Recipe Video
- What are the benefits of Navy Beans?
- Do I need to soak the beans overnight?
- Can I use canned beans?
- Is the recipe healthy?
- How to Serve
- Can I make it vegan?
- Can I use split pea?
- Can I make it in the summer?
- Can I freeze it?
- Do I have to use Hambone?
- How to make
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Ham And Beans
Pea-sized White Beans are also called Navy beans.
Navy Beans are also commonly known as haricot beans, Boston beans, Peas beans, or Yankee beans.
They are closely related to larger white beans such as Great Northern and Cannelloni beans.
- Healthy for brain cells and are beneficial for folate requirements.
- Full of antioxidants especially Magnesium.
- Helpful in maintaining healthy blood pressure.
- A great source of fiber and protein.
- Have detoxifying properties.
Do I need to soak the beans overnight?
Rather than purchasing canned beans, I utilize Instant Pot to cook them from dry- no soaking required!
If you decide to soak the beans first, check your machine manual since cooking time will be more limited.
Can I use canned beans?
I recommended you use dried beans over canned. They are substantially more economical, healthier, and has a much better taste.
Is the recipe healthy?
Just like the classic Instant Pot chicken soup, this recipe is so full of nutrition.
A heavenly one-pot supper that is made in the easiest manner.
This soup utilizes similar ingredients as you regularly use.
How to Serve
This Instant Pot ham and beans truly is a hearty, healthful meal just as is.
Can I make it vegan?
This soup can be handily made vegan in the event that you use vegetable stock and skip the ham.
Can I use split pea?
If you are into split pea, try this Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe.
Can I make it in the summer?
Instant Pot ham and beans is an exceptional comfort soup that you can enjoy in winters or throughout the year doesn’t matter.
Although, it is super beneficial for the cough and sneeze in cold.
Can I freeze it?
Of course, you can store it in an air-tight container and reheat it as you desire.
Liquid expands when frozen, so make sure the container is big enough to leave a little bit of room at the top.
Leave about 1-2 inches of space above the soup in the container.
Do I have to use Hambone?
While a ham bone gives this soup loads of flavor in the event that you don’t have one and you’re longing for a hot bowl of bean and ham soup you can purchase a little boneless ham and slice it up to add to the soup.
I likewise add additional ham when the ham bone I am utilizing doesn’t have a great deal of additional meat on it.
Go ahead and add more ham or utilize less relying upon how “substantial” your ham bone is.
How to make
Gather all the ingredients.
Add in oil, chopped onions, and minced garlic.
Saute for 5 minutes.
Add in chopped celery, carrots, broth, and cabbage.
Add in chopped Ham, all the spices, and mix well.
Add Navy beans and Hambone.
Cover the pot with a lid and set it to High Pressure for 1 hour & 15 minutes.
Do a Natural Release and add in Worcestershire sauce.
Dish out and serve with parsley on top 🙂
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 1/2 cup ham chopped
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 lb navy beans
- 1 ham bone large
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Add oil in to the Instant Pot and press saute.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add celery, cabbage, carrots and chicken broth and mix well.
- Add oregano, pepper, salt, hambone, chopped ham and nave beans and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 75 minutes (1:15).
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂