This creamy black bean soup is out of the world! beans are healthy for us and keeps us full throughout the day. Easy to make with delicious taste.
Instnat Pot Black Bean Soup Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 6 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 21 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups dry black beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 cups water
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add in oil and let it heat a bit.
- Add in onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, bay leaves and water.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 60 minutes, release the pressure quickly through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Remove 1 cup beans and set them aside.
- Blend beans with an immersion blender.
- Taste salt and add according to your taste.
- Add in reserve beans and stir.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks