This creamy black bean soup is out of the world! Easy, healthy and tasty.
And the best part? You don’t need to soak the beans beforehand!
Serve as a light dinner with piece of bread and cheese.
How to make Black Bean Soup
Gather your ingredients:
Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté. Add in oil and let it heat a bit.
Add in onions and cook for 5 minutes.
Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
Add beans, bay leaves and water.
Close the lid of the Instant Pot .Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 60 minutes, release the pressure quickly through steam vent.
Open the lid of the Instant Pot. Remove bay leaves.
Remove 1 cup beans and set them aside.
Blend beans with an immersion blender.
Taste salt and add according to your taste. Add in reserve beans and stir.
Serve and enjoy.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups dry black beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on the Instant Pot, elect saute and add oil.
- Add in onions and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add beans, bay leaves and water and stir.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes (1 hour).
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and remove the bay leaves.
- Remove 1 cup of beans and set aside.
- Blend the remaining beans (inside the Instant Pot) with an immersion blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the 1 cup of beans back to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂