Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is a tasty and easy option for a light dinner.
Made with ground beef, good veggies, and a scrumptious stock, this Instant Pot Hamburger Soup has a lovely quick cook time, so you can have it on your table in less than 20 minutes!
This Instant Pot hamburger soup is budget-friendly, wholesome, and so flavorful!
It's healthier comfort food that uses simple everyday ingredients.
Table of Contents
How to Serve?
The recipe truly is a hearty, healthful meal just as is.
But if you’re looking for something extra, you can also serve this Instant Pot Hamburger Soup with chicken salad or a nice warm thick piece of brats to dip in the sauce at the end.
What else can I add to the soup?
This Instant Pot Hamburger Soup is such a versatile recipe!
You can use whatever canned vegetables you like.
We recommend corn, green beans, and peas.
If you like a little spice you could even add some sliced jalapenos.
Can I freeze the recipe?
Of course, you can store it in an air-tight container and reheat it as you desire. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Pro tip - How to freeze soup:
Liquid expands when frozen, so make sure the container is big enough to leave a little bit of room at the top.
Leave about 1-2 inches of space above the soup in the container.
Can I add cheese?
If you like cheese, go with the Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup recipe 🙂
What can I replace the beef with?
Instead of ground beef, you can try other kinds of ground meat like ground turkey or chicken.
Ground turkey will make the dish more like a turkey burger.
How to make it a complete meal?
- In case you're serving a greater gathering and need to add some additional filling ingredients have a go at including a few macaroni pastas.
- You can either cook the macaroni independently and afterward add it, or put the pasta in the Instant pot and do a few minutes of high-pressure cooking prior to adding the veggies.
- Another way to make the recipe slightly more filling is by adding in potatoes.
- Chopped russet potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, or even sweet potatoes would taste great in this Instant Pot Hamburger Soup.
Try Instant Pot Vegetable Soup to avoid meat.
How to make
Gather all the ingredients to make this exemplary recipe.
Get the Instant pot and set it to Saute for 5 minutes.
Add chopped onions and grounded beef into the pot.
Add chopped potatoes, carrots, and beef broth to the pot.
Now add all the spices alongside Worcestershire Sauce into the pot.
Add bay leaves to taste and stir well.
Add can tomatoes and canned tomato sauce.
Cover the pot with a lid and set the pot to high pressure for 7 minutes.
Do a Quick Release.
Add add-ons like Frozen fresh vegetables.
Dish out and enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Beef Soup Recipes
Looking for more? Check out Instant Pot Soup Recipes.
Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots cut into small pieces
- 4 potatoes Peeled & chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 onion soup mix.
- 1 ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- bay leaves to taste
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Add grounded beef and onions to the Instant Pot and saute until the beef is brown.
- Add carrots, potatoes, beef broth, onion soup mix, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves and stir well.
- Add canned tomatoes and tomato paste and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Add Frozen mixed vegetables and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Satisfying Hamburger Soup
6 thoughts on “Instant Pot Hamburger Soup”
Haven't tried this recipe yet, and perhaps I missed it, but what size can of tomatoes and how much tomato paste in tablespoon do you use? Thanks
Should there be an extra step before "Serve and enjoy :)"? Otherwise the frozen vegetables will be raw ...
1-2 minutes inside the Instant Pot is enough for the frozen veggies 🙂 No need for extra cooking time.
Thanks for your your suggestions. Sounds quick and delicious. Will feel you in on the reviews when we prepare and give our neighbors some to share
Sounds great, I appreciate it! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
love your insta pot recipes, I have a picky husband and father-in-law I have to cook for and since I had a stroke I try to use my insta pot more and your recipes take care of 2 things they are made with ingriediants they will eat and 2 they are fast. Thank You so much!