Instant Pot Macaroni Salad is a flavor-filled easy salad recipe you can have in less than 20 minutes.
It features a homemade dressing mixed with crunchy vegetables and egg whites!
Perfect with burgers, sausages or whatever you’re grilling or for a lovely picnic in the park.
Instant Pot Macaroni Salad Recipe Video
Which type of Macaroni Should I Go For?
There are two main types of macaroni:
Both of these are equally good options.
Both are small enough to fit neatly on your fork or spoon and in your mouth.
But I would suggest going for Elbow Macaroni because of their hollow, cylindrical shape.
The hollow shape provides plenty of surface area to hold the creamy, cheesy sauce.
Why a Natural Release is necessary for this recipe?
The natural release time allows for a little pressure to release, so that the starchy water can settle and not spit out through the pressure valve when the pressure is released.
What else can I add to my Salad recipe?
This recipe is so versatile allowing you to add as many veggies as you want! Some options:
How to make Instant Pot Macaroni Salad
First things first, gather the ingredients for your ease.
Now add the macaroni to the Instant Pot.
Place 3 eggs or as many as you would want to add to your salad.
Add water & a little bit of salt.
And set the pot to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Take the cooked ingredients out.
Peel the shells off of eggs and separate the yolk from egg whites.
Let's make a creamy dressing for our Macaroni Salad
This macaroni salad is coated in mayo and sour cream-based creamy dressing.
Take a bowl, add mayonnaise, white vinegar, some sugar, and yellow mustard to it.
Mix it all and add cooked Macaroni to the creamy dressing.
Now add previously chopped vegetables and the egg whites.
Add spices, salt, and black pepper to the salad dressing.
And here you go!
All set to go 🙂
Instant Pot Salad Recipes
Instant Pot Macaroni Recipes
Instant Pot Macaroni Salad
- 1 ½ cup macaroni small shells
- 3 eggs unpeeled
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cup water
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Add macaroni, eggs, ¼ teaspoon salt and water into the Instant Pot
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release and open the lid.
- Take out the eggs and peel them.
- Separate the egg white from yolk add cut the egg whites into small pieces.
- Add mayonnaise, yellow mustard, white vinegar, and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Add macaroni, chopped celery, onion, egg whites, salt and pepper into the bowl and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂