This Instant Pot Caldo de Res recipe gives you real Mexican beef soup flavor in just 30 minutes!
It's a flavorful and quick way to create a traditional Mexican beef soup in your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
A light one-pot meal using simple ingredients.
What is Caldo de Res?
Traditional Caldo De Res is a deliciously popular Mexican Beef Stew filled with hearty vegetables that serve as a filling comfort meal without being terribly unhealthy.
Instant Pot Caldo de Res Recipe Video
Can I replace the beef?
You can use chuck roast or beef bone for a similar taste.
You can also make this Instant Pot Caldo de Res recipe with chicken legs instead of beef.
If you are doing so, cook for 10 minutes instead of 20.
What makes this soup so special?
- This Instant Pot recipe is done in a flash if you compare it to the traditional way.
- A simple Pour & Cook recipe, easy and tasty!
- All of the amazing flavors you expect of Caldo De Res without all the work make it even more amazing.
How to make it a Low Carb recipe?
It is so versatile that you can replace corn and potatoes with cauliflower or radishes for a delicious low-carb version.
What else can I add to my recipe?
You can any vegetable of your wish for this versatile recipe. Or add:
How to make Instant Pot Caldo de Res?
Gather your necessary ingredients.
Add chopped onions & minced garlic to your Instant Pot.
Now add in all the chopped vegetables, corn, water, and spices.
Add beef stew and cilantro.
Cover the pot and set it to High Pressure for 20 minutes.
Do a Quick Release afterward.
Dish out and enjoy your meal 🙂
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Mexican Recipes
Instant Pot Caldo de Res
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic minced
- 2 zucchini 1 inch
- 8 red potatoes cut in half
- 1 chayote peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cob corn cut into rounds
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cabbage cut into slices
- 5 cups water
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- ½ cup cilantro
- Place onion and garlic into the Instant Pot.
- Add zucchini, potatoes, cabbage, chayote, carrot, and corn.
- Add beef, cilantro, cumin and salt.
- Add water and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂