This healthy, filling and hearty Instant Pot Vegetable Soup makes the best appetizer before a big meal. It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s loaded with heart-healthy veggies.
All the things you’ve heard about veggies and fiber are true – we need them in order to keep our body healthy and in good shape. This soup is packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, PLUS it has an impeccable taste. It’s the best possible dish you can have throughout the day!
Why This Recipe Works
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe is perfect for the dull days when you are craving some comfort food. Although it looks like a simple soup, it’s surprisingly flavorful when cooked in the Instant Pot. It’s so hearty and healthy, and it couldn’t be easier to make!
This is a true dump-and-go one-pot meal. You add everything to the pot at once and let the Instant Pot do its magic. I think with fresh vegetables, simplicity is often the way to go. The simple preparation method lets the natural earthy, vegetal flavors shine through.
Tomato juice – you can use plain tomato juice, but I prefer to use tomato-vegetable juice cocktail since it’s even more flavorful and loaded with nutrients.
Chicken broth – you can substitute vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian and vegan recipe.
Celery root – if you can’t find it, the best substitute is jicama. You can also use celery which is a different flavor and texture but still works nicely in this soup.
Corn – you can use fresh or frozen corn kernels.
Potatoes – you can use any type of potato you have on hand. I recommend peeling the potatoes before dicing, especially if you are using a thick-skinned potato like russet.
Tomatoes – use fresh if they are in season or use canned diced tomatoes if they aren’t.
How To Make Vegetable Soup
First, gather the ingredients.
Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
Lock the lid into place. Select the High-pressure setting and set the timer to 8 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is completed, perform a natural pressure release. Serve soup warm.
- To mix it up every now and then, I puree the finished vegetable soup in a food processor or with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. It’s not mandatory, but it’s a nice twist for some variety. You will get a delightful creamy texture that’s bursting with flavors that even your kids will love. And it’s a great way to get a creamy soup that’s dairy-free!
How to Serve Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
I enjoy serving this soup as a warm appetizer before dinner. It’s also great for a light main meal, especially when you are feeling a bit under the weather. It will pick you right back up!
Try serving this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe with some toasted whole-grain bread for even more health benefits.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Soup is one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot. If you’re still in the mood for soup, try out this easy and delicious Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup recipe.
FAQ About Vegetable Soup
What can I add on top for garnish?
If you want, you can top the soup with fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or basil.
For a spicy kick, I’ll sometimes add a few dashes of hot sauce. Parmesan cheese also makes a tasty garnish if you’re not concerned with adding a little dairy to the soup.
- 1 cup tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 cup chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped celery root
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 large potato diced
- 1 cup fresh green beans chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- to taste Salt and black pepper
- Put all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and lock the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- season with additional salt and black pepper to taste and serve.