Instant Pot lasagna soup is a flavorful meal you can make in your pressure cooker in less than 20 minutes.
How many times did it happen that you make lasagnas and you get left either with marinara sauce or pieces of broken lasagna noodles? What do you usually do, throw them away?
This recipe is not only a time saving but also a budget saver. With this recipe, you will be able to use the Instant Pot lasagna leftovers and turn them into something delicious like the lasagna soup.
This recipe soup really does taste like the lasagnas and the best thing is that you cannot go wrong with one. Everyone loves lasagnas!
How to serve?
Just like the Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana, this lasagna soup it rich and can be served as is as a light meal.
If you are still looking for side dishes, you can check out What to Serve With Chicken Tortilla Soup.
What to use instead of ground beef?
Do I need lasagna sheets?
Lasagna sheets are basically made from the same ingredients as the pasta. So If you do not have a lasagna sheet you can use any pasta type you like, even spaghetti!
Which herbs to use?
For this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup recipe you can use any herbs you usually use when making lasagna.
You can use basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Still, when mixing herbs, do not pair more than three types of herbs. Instead of mild and alluring flavor, you will end up with the herb garden in your mouth.
How to make Lasagna Soup
Gather your ingredients:
In Instant Pot on Saute brown beef in olive oil.
Add onion and garlic powder. Cook for 3 minutes. Add water to deglaze the pot.
Add chopped green bell pepper and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add stock, herbs, tomato sauce, can chopped tomatoes, lasagna sheets broken to pieces, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Lock lid into place. Select Manual and set to High Pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
Perform a quick pressure release.
Serve soup warm.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot chopped
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cans tomatoes diced
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ box lasagna noodles uncooked
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves optional
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add oil, beef and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Break it apart and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add onions, garlic powder and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water for deglazing it.
- Add carrot, bell pepper, thyme, basil, oregano, tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining water, chicken broth, and bay leaves if using.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well to combine.
- Break the lasagna noodles into pieces, add to the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, preform a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and take out the bay leaves.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂