Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup – all that you love about baked potatoes in soup recipe… cheddar cheese, bacon, heavy cream, green onions, and of course potatoes.
Essentially a cheesy potato soup recipe that you can make in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup is probably the creamiest soup you will at any point attempt!
To make the soup as rich, I have utilized a combo of sour cream, cream cheddar, weighty whipping cream, and the mysterious fixing is Cream of Potato Condensed Soup.
Table of Contents
Can I make it vegan?
This soup can be handily made vegan in the event that you use vegetable stock and skip the bacon.
Can I add more cheese?
Sure! Try to add bunches of cheddar and pile high the soup with your favorite baked potato toppings.
Can I make this on the stovetop?
Absolutely! Follow the steps in a large pot over medium-high heat instead.
You will want to bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, it will probably take between 30-40 minutes.
Is it budget-friendly?
Other than being simple and quick to make however it is economical as well.
You can undoubtedly take care of a huge group or a huge family like your own.
Everybody will be full and there is simply something so ameliorating about a warm bowl of Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
What toppings can I use?
This Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup would work great with
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Saltine crackers ( I love to crush up the crackers and put them on top of the soup)
What else can I add to my recipe?
- Try adding cream cheese instead of the Instant Pot Potato Soup no cream cheese version.
- You can use Yukon gold potatoes instead of russet. Yukon golds really make it thick and creamy.
- If you prefer a smoother soup that is less chunky, you can use a potato masher or immersion blender
to mash the potatoes up more.
- Try stirring bacon in the soup right before serving for a different flavor.
How to make Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
Gather the ingredients.
Chop 1 teaspoon of Garlic.
Chop 5 cup potatoes.
Shred some Cheddar Cheese.
Chop Green Onions.
Now chop bacon and add to the Instant Pot.
Saute for 6 minutes.
And then dish it out.
Put the chopped potatoes in the Instant Pot.
Add Chicken Broth.
Add chopped garlic and spices.
Cover the lid and set the instant pot to High pressure for 4 minutes.
Do a Quick Release and mash the potatoes.
Add the heavy cream, sour cream, and cheddar shredded cheese.
Dish it out and add some toppings.
Your Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup is ready to be served 🙂
Instant Pot Creamy Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Instant Pot Potato Recipes
Instant Pot Potato Corn Chowder
Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 5 potatoes peel & chopped
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 pieces bacon chopped
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried onion
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- green onion for garnishing, chopped
- Turn on the Instant Pot and press saute.
- Add bacon and saute for 6 minutes.
- Take out the bacon.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, garlic and spices and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Mash the potatoes
- Add milk, heavy cream, sour cream, chedder cheese and stir well.
- Dish out, add green onion, bacon and cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Potato-tally Delicious Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
5 thoughts on “Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup”
This recipe reminded me of my grandmother's potato soup. I loved my grandma's baked potato soup and yours as well. 🙂 I used cream cheese instead of cream and smoked sausage instead of bacon. I didn't have either. This is also a very economical meal to make. Thank you!
Wow, I love to hear that. Smoked sausage and cream cheese sound delicious, they are smart substitutions. Thanks for sharing!
In uour instructions above the recipe you say the mystery fixing is cream of potato condensed soup. It is not called out on the ingredients list.
I'm going to try this recipe soon. L
That's great! I hope you enjoy it.