Sweet potatoes are sweet and tasty. They fulfill your hunger pangs and gives you energy for the rest of you day.
This recipe is very simple to make and you can use it as a side dish for any beef steak or chicken dish you made.
Do I need to use a trivet or a steaming basket?
I’m using a steamer basket for this recipe. You can make it without it, but with a trivet or a steamer basket that fits your Instant Pot the taste would be much better.
Can I use bigger pieces?
Yes. Just increase the cooking time to 5-6 minutes.
Can I use full size sweet potatoes?
Yes. Just increase the cooking time to 15 minutes. In this case you don’t need to use a trivet and you an place them on the bottom of the Instant Pot and use it as a steamer.
If you are like the recipe, you should try this Instant Pot stuffed sweet potato, which is a wonderful option to diversify your dinner table.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the water to the instant pot.
- Place the sweet potato cubes inside a steamer basket or a trivet and place it in the instant pot.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid of the instant pot and serve. You can add salt and pepper to taste.