No more complicated recipes! This Instant Pot sweet potatoes cubed recipe is quick, easy and tasty!
Have a delicious side dish in only 6 minutes!
Vegetarian and vegan side dish you can serve with anything you like.
Table of Contents
Can I make the recipe without a steamer basket?
Yes you can.
I'm using a steamer basket for this sweet potato recipe but you can just place the cubes on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Please note that with a trivet or a steamer basket that fits your Instant Pot the taste would be much better and the sweet potatoes won't be soggy.
Can I use bigger pieces?
Yes. You can make bigger cubes of sweet potatoes and you can even use slices instead - It's up to you.
If you are using bigger pieces, increase the cooking time to 5 minutes.
How to serve
Some ideas for main dishes:
This Instant Pot Sweet Potato recipe is very simple to make and you can use it as a side dish for any beef steak or chicken dish you made.
Can I use full size sweet potatoes?
Yes. Just increase the cooking time to 15 minutes. In this case you don't need to use a trivet and you an place them on the bottom of the Instant Pot and use it as a steamer.
Instant Pot sweet potato recipes
Instant Pot Sweet Potato
- 6 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot
- Place the sweet potato cubes inside a steamer basket.
- Place the steamer basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve 🙂