All you need is the Instant Pot, ground meat and broccoli slaw. (As well as spices and chicken stock or other liquid for the cooking process…)
Is it crack slaw?
Yes. Instant Pot crack slaw and Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl are basically the same recipe.
They are just 2 different names for the same dish.
Does it contain eggs?
No. Although the name may indicate it contains eggs, this Instant Pot egg roll in a bowl recipe do not have any.
Still, you can add egg in it. Not during the cooking, but during the serving. Top the meal with hard boiled egg slices.
Do I have to use chicken stock?
You can use other types of stocks or broth and even water. If you do by chance overseason your ground meat, you can fix it by using water instead of stock.
What else can be used instead of beef?
For this recipe, you can use shredded chicken, ground beef, ground pork, , or even turkey. The cooking time is the same.
How to serve?
Serve with spring onions and Sriracha sauce on top.
How to make Egg roll in a Bowl
Gather your ingredients:
Brown beef in Instant Pot on Saute. Add garlic powder, ginger powder, and tamari sauce.
Add in sesame seeds oil, rice vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir well and cook on saute for 1 minute.
Turn off the Saute option. Add broccoli slaw or cabbage slaw over the meat. Do not stir.
Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, or dial, then press the +/- button or dial to select 0 minutes (yes, zero). High pressure. As soon as the cooking cycle has ended, do a Quick Release of the pressure.
When the pin in the lid drops down, open the lid and give the mixture a good stir.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 3 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 14 oz broccoli slaw or cabbage slaw
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Select the Saute option on Instant Pot.
- Brown the beef in Instant Pot. Add garlic, tamari sauce, sesame seeds oil, and chicken broth.
- Cook for 1 minute on "saute".
- Pour in the stock, sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar. Stir well. Press Cancel to turn off the Saute option.
- Add the broccoli slaw on top of the beef.
- Lock the lid into place. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button, then press the +/- button or dial to select 0 minutes (yes, zero).
- When cooking time ends, turn the steam release knob to the Venting position to do a Quick Release of the pressure.
- Stir again and serve.
- Top with Sriracha and sliced spring onions.