Spinach is a superfood that is loaded with nutrients, and you can make it easily using your Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Spinach makes a great and vegan side dish for your daily meal.
This Instant Pot Spinach is a feel-good dish that packs a punch in both flavor and nutrition to your recipe.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach?
Yes you can. Please note I recommend you to use fresh baby spinach for this recipe.
Frozen spinach contains a lot of water, and we are already adding vegetable broth to the recipe so that might make a mess.
Otherwise, if you want to use frozen spinach, assure to fully defrost and drain.
Instant Pot Spinach Recipe Video
What else can I add to my recipe?
If you aren't vegan or vegetarian, try adding diced bacon or salted pork pieces that work well along with it.
If you’re going that route or leftover ham bits would work great as well if you’re making this after the holidays.
You can also try adding diced mushrooms or make it creamy!
Do let us know afterward how did it go in the comments 🙂
How to serve?
Can I store my leftovers?
This Instant Pot Spinach being super filling and healthy also is a perfect leftover recipe.
Store the leftover Spinach in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
What are the health benefits of Spinach?
There's a ton of benefits of having Spinach. Some of them are taken down:
- Healthy for skin, hair, and bone health.
- Source of protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals.
- Helps in improving blood glucose control.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Dietary magnesium source, for healthy energy metabolism.
- Maintains muscle and nerve function, and a healthy immune system.
How to make Instant Pot Spinach
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Take your instant pot and pour in some olive oil.
Add minced garlic, chopped onions, and set it to Saute for 5 minutes.
Now add vegetable broth so our veggies don't get burnt.
Add in our magical ingredient, Spinach!
Add chili powder to add a bit of spice.
A teaspoon of salt.
Add a teaspoon of black pepper and set the pot to High Pressure for 4 minutes.
Do a Quick Release and open the lid.
Dish out and serve :]
Instant Pot recipes with spinach
Healthy Instant Pot recipes
Instant Pot Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Press saute and add olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, spinach, chili powder, salt and pepper and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick release and open the lid.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂