I know what you are thinking – Should I really use my sophisticated-amazing-perfect Instant Pot to make a simple thing such as hard boiled eggs?
Well, believe me, after the first time you make this Instant Pot hard boiled eggs recipe, you won’t be able to cook eggs any other way ever again! Why? 3 simple reasons:
1. You can make a huge amount of eggs in one time. In one level trivet, I can make up to 12 eggs using my standard 6-quart Instant Pot.
2. It’s super clean! The eggs don’t break or explode all over your precious pot!
3. Using this method, makes the eggs very easy to peel! It’s like a magic!
Are hard boiled eggs healthy?
Hard boiled eggs are very easy to make in the Instant Pot, very healthy and rich in protein which is wonderful. Healthy person can eat up to 2 eggs per day, and if they are hard boiled and oil free, you have nothing to worry about.
How Long Are Hard-Boiled Eggs Good For?
I’m keeping them in the fridge and eat them all in 3 days. Means if I make them in Sunday evening, I can eat them till Wednesday evening.
How many eggs can you make at once?
You can make 4, 6 or even 12 eggs to same way with only 1 cup of water. When cooking eggs using the Instant Pot, the steam does the work for us. Just make sure you put the eggs in once layer and that they are not touching each other.
Do I need any special accessory to make boiled eggs?
For this recipe you will need an egg rack metal trivet in order to make the eggs. Even if you don’t have any special accessory, for the first time you can use the simple trivet that you got when you purchased the Instant Pot. Later you can get dedicated Instant Pot trivets that comes with handles so you can make much more eggs at once and take them out all together.
Can you cook eggs in Instant Pot without trivet?
Yes, you can make hard boil eggs in Instant Pot without a trivet! I’m doing it sometimes and it works great:
In order to do so, just add 2 cups of water instead of 1 cups, and follow the same instructions:
High pressure for 5 minutes, natural pressure release for 5 minutes and 3 minutes in a bowl.
Anyway, usually I’m making Instant Pot hard boiled eggs with the basic metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot. Here is the full guide:
How to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs?
Step 1 – Put the trivet inside your Instant Pot and put eggs on trivet.
Step 2 – Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Can cook for 4 minutes if you like soft boiled eggs.
Step 3 – Once done, wait for a 5 minutes for a natural release. Once done, move the valve handle to “venting” for a quick pressure release. (Do it when the instant Pot shows “L0:05” just like in this picture:
Step 4 – Open the lid, take the eggs out using a spoon and put them in a bowl filled with cold water. Wait 3 minutes, take them out and enjoy.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place the trivet or egg rack inside the Instant Pot and add one cup of water.
- Put the eggs on the trivet and close the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid take out the eggs.
- Put the eggs in a bowl of cold water for 3 minutes and serve.