I know what you are thinking – Should I really use my sophisticated-amazing-perfect Instant Pot to make a simple thing such as hard-boiled eggs?
Well, believe me, after the first time you make this Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs recipe, you won’t be able to cook eggs any other way ever again!
- So why should I use Instant Pot to make hard boiled eggs?
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe Video
- Are hard-boiled eggs healthy?
- How Long Are Hard-Boiled Eggs Good For?
- How many eggs can you make at once?
- Do I need any special accessories to make boiled eggs?
- Can you cook eggs in Instant Pot without trivet?
- How to make Soft Boiled Eggs
- How to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs?
- Instant Pot Egg Recipes
So why should I use Instant Pot to make hard boiled eggs?
3 simple reasons:
1. You can make a huge amount of eggs at one time.
In one level trivet, I can make up to 12 eggs using my standard 6-quart Instant Pot.
2. It’s super clean! The eggs don’t break or explode all over your precious pot!
3. Using this method, makes the eggs very easy to peel!
It’s like magic!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe Video
Are hard-boiled eggs healthy?
Hard-boiled eggs are very easy to make in the Instant Pot, very healthy, and rich in protein which is wonderful.
A healthy person can eat up to 2 eggs per day, and if they are hard-boiled and oil-free, you have nothing to worry about.
How Long Are Hard-Boiled Eggs Good For?
I’m keeping them in the fridge and eat them all in 4 days.
How many eggs can you make at once?
You can make 4, 6, or even 9 eggs to same way with only 2 cups of water.
When cooking eggs using the Instant Pot, the steam does the work for us so it doesn’t matter if you are making 1 or 10 eggs.
Just make sure you put the eggs in one layer and that they are not touching each other.
Do I need any special accessories to make boiled eggs?
For this recipe, you will need an egg rack metal trivet in order to make the eggs.
Even if you don’t have any special accessories, for the first time you can use the simple trivet that you got when you purchased the Instant Pot.
Later you can get dedicated Instant Pot trivets that come with handles so you can make much more eggs at once and take them out altogether.
Can you cook eggs in Instant Pot without trivet?
Yes, you can make hard boil eggs in Instant Pot without a trivet!
I’m doing it sometimes and it works great:
- In order to do so, just add 3 cups of water instead of 2 cups, and follow the same instructions.
- High pressure for 5 minutes, natural pressure release for 5 minutes, and 3 minutes in a bowl.
Usually, I’m making Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs with the basic metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot.
How to make Soft Boiled Eggs
In order to make soft boiled eggs in your Instant Pot, just cook the eggs for 3-4 minutes on high pressure instead of 5.
How to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs?
Gather the two magical ingredients.
Put the trivet inside your Instant Pot and pour some water.
Place your eggs on the trivet.
Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
Once done, wait for 5 minutes for a natural release.
Open the lid, take the eggs out, and put them in a bowl filled with cold water.
Peel the shells off.
Cut the eggs in half.
Serve & enjoy 🙂
Feel free to add chives on top.
Instant Pot Egg Recipes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the trivet or egg rack inside the Instant Pot and add 2 cups of water.
- Put the eggs on the trivet and close the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid take out the eggs.
- Put the eggs in a bowl of cold water for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂