Instant Pot Classic Chicken Noodle Soup is hearty and delicious, loaded with chicken, noodles, and vegetables! This is the best soup you will try.
Just like many other Instant Pot soups, this dish can be served as is as a dinner on a cold night :]
If you like this recipe, try the Instant Pot chicken corn soup.
How do I make shredded chicken?
You can cook it easily using this Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe. You can make the chicken first and then just clean the bottom of the Instant Pot and make this soup.
Why is chicken soup so popular?
Chicken soup is probably the best know soup in the world. It is delicious, easy to make, and really fights cold. It is proven that chicken soup elevates the immune system, and therefore if you ever wondered why your mom offered a bowl of chicken soup, while you were ill, this is the reason.
This recipe has healing properties, especially when paired with anti-inflammatory ingredients.
What else can be added?
Speaking about those healing ingredients, you can enrich your soup with some ginger, garlic, or turmeric. My favorite add-in is lemon juice, which I like to add just before serving. 2 tbsp of lemon juice really brights up the soup and says goodbye to that nasty cold.
Which noodles to use?
I used instant noodles because they cook so fast. You can use any other you like, just adjust the cooking time. Instead of noodles, you can try adding small pasta, like vermicelli or orzo.
How to make chicken soup?
Gather your ingredients:
In Instant Pot on saute, cook onions, celery, and carrots.
Add shredded chicken, chicken broth, and water.
Lock the lid into place, and cook on the “Soup” setting for 7 minutes. Let the pressure come down naturally. Add noodles.
Cook the noodles for 3 minutes. Serve soup warm.
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 lare onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup shredded chicken cooked
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 5 oz. egg noodles uncooked
- 4 cups water
- Place the butter, onions, celery and carrots in the Instant Pot and select Saute mode.
- Saute for 3 minutes and add thyme, oregano, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Gently add chicken, chicken broth, and water.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Soup mode for 7 minutes.
- As the cooking cycle ends, wait 10 minutes for a natural pressure release.
- After 10 minutes, quick-release the rest of the pressure.
- Slowly add the noodles and select the Saute Mode.
- Add the shredded chicken, stir well and cook on Saute Mode for 3 minutes.
- Enjoy this delicious meal with your family!