This Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is a delightful main course dish with amazing taste.
Chicken glazed with honey gives amazing combo of something salty and sweet.
Tender & delicious bite-size chunks of chicken coated in a sweet, sticky sauce.
Just like the classic Instant Pot Sesame Chicken, this Asian carry-out favorite a quick, easy-to-make meal makes the whole family love it.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes of course, place the ingredients in the freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
Whenever you are ready to use, just put all the ingredients from bag into Instant Pot and add ½ cup of water in with the frozen food to cook.
Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe Video
How to serve?
This Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken works the best with plain rice.
Can I cook rice in the Instant Pot as well?
- Rinse and drain 2 cups of rice.
- Add it into your Instant Pot.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to sealing.
- Press the manual \ pressure cook button and set timer for 4 minutes.
- Wait for a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- You have a perfect rice!
For detailed instructions, check out these recipes:
How to make Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
First of all, gather the ingredients.
Add the chicken pieces to a bowl and season with salt & pepper.
Now take your Instant Pot and add some vegetable oil & seasoned chicken with previously chopped onion and garlic.
Set the pot to saute.
Keep stirring occasionally then add soy sauce into it.
Now add some ketchup.
Add some red pepper flakes to add up some spice into your recipe.
If you don't have red pepper flakes, you can use cayenne pepper or any of these red pepper flakes substitutes.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 3 minutes & close the lid.
Do a Quick Release afterward.
Now some honey to add a touch of sweetness.
Add some sesame oil.
Take some water and mix cornstarch into it to add in the recipe to make the sauce a bit thick.
Dish out, season some sesame seeds on the top, & enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 2 lb chicken breasts diced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water
- sesame seeds for serving
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Select saute and add vegetable oil.
- Add onion, garlic and chicken and saute for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add ketchup, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
- Add honey, and sesame oil in the pot and mix well.
- Mix cornstarch with water, add the mixture to the Instant Pot and stir well for 2 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkle sesame seeds on top and enjoy 🙂