Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup is one of my favorites!
It is a quick and easy dinner to throw together for those hectic fall and winter evenings.
It is super flavorful, with just a touch of red bell pepper for some extra kick.
- Is Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup is Healthy?
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe Video
- Can I make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup in the Summers?
- Can I use any other kind of meat for this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup?
- Can I skip the rice?
- Can I reheat Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Soup?
- Do I cook rice before adding it to the soup?
- Which kind of rice should I use?
- Can I use frozen chicken?
- Instant Pot Soup recipes
- How to cook Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup?
Is Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup is Healthy?
Just like the classic Instant Pot chicken noodle soup, this recipe is so full of nutrition.
A heavenly one-pot supper that is made in the easiest manner.
This soup utilizes similar ingredients as you regularly use.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe Video
Can I make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup in the Summers?
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup is an exceptional comfort soup that you can enjoy in winters or throughout the year doesn’t matter.
Although, it is super beneficial for the cough and sneeze in cold.
Can I use any other kind of meat for this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup?
Yes, of course, you can try this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup with lean ground beef or turkey.
If you decide to choose ground turkey, simply ensure you don’t utilize ground turkey breasts, which will be dry, and you may dislike it.
85% to 93% lean ground turkey works fine, and you’ll simply have to add a little olive oil to brown the turkey in.
Can I skip the rice?
If you don’t like the rice, just go with the Instant Pot Chicken Soup.
Can I reheat Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Soup?
Yes, but if you decide to put this Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Soup in the refrigerator it will thicken.
So? Just add a little bit more chicken broth before re-heating and then enjoy!
Do I cook rice before adding it to the soup?
- No, you don’t. The uncooked rice is added at the same time as the broth and raw chicken breasts.
- This is a huge timesaver.
Which kind of rice should I use?
You can use white, Jasmin, or brown rice in this recipe.
Brown rice will require a longer cooking time.
In that case, you can use whole chicken breast or thighs, sear it with vegetables and seasoning, then add rice and liquids.
Cook for 12 minutes on HIGH pressure.
Jasmin rice requires only 4 minutes of cooking, so the instructions remain the same as for the white rice, but as the brown rice cooks and releases its starches, it produces a wonderfully creamy texture in this soup.
Creamy without the cream! 😉
Can I use frozen chicken?
Indeed, you can put frozen chicken breasts or thighs just after sauteing the vegetables.
Frozen chicken doesn’t saute well, so skirt that part.
In the case of utilizing frozen chicken, you should keep the cooking time to 12 minutes.
That implies the white rice will overcook.
I suggest utilizing brown rice (since it requires a longer cooking time) if you are utilizing frozen chicken.
Instant Pot Soup recipes
How to cook Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup?
First things first, gather the ingredients.
Set the Instant Pot to Saute for 5 minutes and add Olive oil to the pot.
Now, add chopped onions to the pot.
Add chopped Celery.
Add finely cut carrots to the pot and stir well.
Add minced garlic cloves.
Add chopped thyme.
Add chopped Parsley.
Add Chicken Broth and mix it well.
Now, add chicken breasts to the instant pot.
Chuck the rice into the instant pot.
Add salt to taste.
Add pepper to taste.
Now cover the pot with a lid and set it to High pressure for 13 minutes.
Do a Natural Release.
Take out the chicken piece and shred it.
Add the shredded chicken back to the soup and it is going to look so toothsome.
Try & see for yourself! 🙂
Dish out your delicious and enjoy.
- 1/4 cup Parsley minced
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Rosemary to taste
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 5 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 3/4 cup Rice uncooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute and add oil.
- Add chopped onions, celery, and carrots and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic, thyme, and rosemary and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth and stir well.
- Add chicken breast, rice, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cook on high pressure for 13 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release.
- Once done, open the lid, take out the chicken and shred it.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the soup and serve 🙂