Instant Pot Hot and Sour Soup is delightfully easy to make that will warm your soul with Asian flavors.
Healthy, nutritious, and full with fresh ingredients. Vegetarian and vegan and can be made in your Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes total.
What is Instant Pot Hot and Sour Soup?
Instant Pot hot and sour soup is one of the soups you’d normally order at a Chinese restaurant.
It’s exactly what the name implies: Hot and Sour.
But don’t let that come off as unappetizing to you.
Can I store the soup?
Yes, you can store the soup in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The vegetables will start to get mushy if you keep this soup for a longer time.
What else can I add to the recipe?
Try adding different things to enjoy various tastes.
- Bamboo shoots
- Green onion
- Mung bean sprout
How to make Instant Pot Hot and Sour Soup?
Gather your ingredients.
Add water, vegetable broth, dark & light soy sauce, and rice vinegar in your instant pot.
Add previously grated ginger, chili paste, black pepper, and cover the pot.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 2 minutes.
Do a Quick Release.
Add cornstarch mixed in water.
Now add previously chopped onion.
And add previously sliced mushrooms.
Add carrots that we already have cut.
Add chopped cabbages.
After the veggies, let's add some sesame oil & salt.
Set the pot to High Pressure for another 3 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Add 2 eggs and mix well.
Serve and enjoy :]
Instant Pot Vegan Soups
You can also try this Instant Pot Mushroom Soup which isn't vegan but still has a great taste.
Instant Pot Hot and Sour Soup
- 2 ¼ cups water divided
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups cabbage diced
- 10 mushroom sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 carrot 1 inch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add vegetable broth, water (2 cups), light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and black pepper into the instant pot and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Mix cornstarch with ¼ cups of water and add the mixture to the Instant pot.
- Add chopped onions, mushrooms, carrots. cabbage, sesame oil, and salt.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release and then open the lid.
- Add whisked eggs and mix.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂