Everybody loves enchiladas and thanks to your Instant Pot you can have them whenever you want!
This homemade version is healthy and light and you can add as many veggies as you have at home for a nutrient and tasty meal packed with vitamins and minerals too!
Just remember that this recipe also requires the use of the oven, so take this time into account.
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 oz tomato sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Pour vegetable oil into your Instant Pot and add garlic, jalapeno and onion.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for 2 minutes, until onion turns golden.
- Add chicken stock, tomato sauce, chili, cumin, sugar and salt and stir well.
- Add chicken and cook at high pressure for about 10 minutes (according to the size of your chicken breast(s)).
- In the meantime, warm your tortillas in the oven, to make them softer.
- Quickly release the steam and shred your chicken with a fork.
- Fill each tortilla with some chicken, its sauce and some cheddar, then roll it and place it onto a greased baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake it in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream and some fresh veggies.
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!