Easy Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas are simple to make and you can have them in only 20 minutes of hands-on preparation.
Perfect for a quick weeknight meal that everyone's gonna like.
Thanks to your Instant Pot you can have them whenever you want... No need for take out!
- Recipe Video
- What is Chicken Enchiladas?
- Can I use beef?
- What else can I add to my recipe?
- Is there any substitute for Chicken Stock?
- What can I use instead of Chicken Breasts?
- How to serve
- More ways to serve
- Chicken Enchiladas Topping ideas
- Can I store the leftovers?
- Can I reheat?
- How to make
- Instant Pot Mexican Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas
What is Chicken Enchiladas?
The chicken and homemade enchilada sauce are prepared in the Instant Pot.
The enchiladas are then assembled.
It’s so convenient to sauté the garlic, onion, and jalapeño right in the pot.
Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, spices, and chicken to cook.
Can I use beef?
Sure! You can also check this Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas recipe.
What else can I add to my recipe?
This homemade version is healthy and light.
You can add as many veggies as you have at home for a nutrient and tasty meal packed with vitamins and minerals too!
Is there any substitute for Chicken Stock?
Yes, vegetable stock can be used as well as chicken broth.
What can I use instead of Chicken Breasts?
Chicken boneless is fine to use and so are chicken thighs.
Cook for for a a few more minutes.
How to serve
These Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas are pretty filling themselves so you don't need much as a side dish.
Here are some ideas for lighter options to go with your meal:
More ways to serve
- A bowl of jasmine or brown rice with enchilada chicken, Instant Pot Black Beans, veggies, and some avocado for an easy and tasty meal.
- For the ultimate party food, serve the chicken on top of tortilla chips with cheese, corn, black beans, or other toppings you desire.
- Use this chicken to make Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Sweet Potato Fries.
Chicken Enchiladas Topping ideas
Chopped green onions
Can I store the leftovers?
Store in an airtight container.
It can last for almost 5 days in the refrigerator.
Can I reheat?
To reheat, use the microwave or oven for 5-10 minutes in a baking dish that’s loosely covered with foil in the oven at 350 degrees F until the center is warmed enough.
How to make
Gather all the necessary ingredients to make this amazing recipe.
Pour some oil into your Instant Pot.
Add chopped onions into the Instant Pot.
Now add previously minced garlic into the Instant Pot.
Lets add some chopped Jalapeno to add spice in to your Chicken Enchiladas.
Saute for 2 minutes and stir.
Add chicken stock after sauting.
Now lets add some tomato sauce.
And some spices as mentioned in the recipe.
Mix all the ingredients and then add chicken breast(s).
Set the pot to High Pressure for 10 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Dish out the sauce and shred the chicken breast.
It's time to add the fillings in the toritlas.
Add your desired fillings with some toothsome toppings.
Serve & enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Mexican Recipes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 12 corn tortillas for serving
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot and select "saute".
- Add onion, chopped garlic, and jalapeno and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, sugar and salt and stir well.
- Add chicken beast and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for about 10 minutes (Depending on the chicken size).
- In the meantime, warm your tortillas in the oven or in the microwave.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and shred the chicken with a fork.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken, the sauce from the Instant Pot and cheddar cheese and roll it up.
- Serve hot with sour cream and your favorite toppings 🙂